A cycling holiday in the Val d’Elsa and Chianti area to visit the famous medieval villages that served to protect the lands between Florence and Siena, such as Certaldo (birthplace of Boccaccio), San Gimignano, Colle Val d’Elsa and Monteriggioni. From Certaldo to Siena you will ride along the ancient Via Francigena pilgrims trail.
• The medieval perched villages of Certaldo, San Gimignano, Colle Val d’Elsa and Monteriggioni
• The fascinating Via Francigena pilgrims trail
• The historical cities of Florence and Siena
• Wine tasting at the 4star hotel of Tavarnelle
The stages are short, about 30-40 kilometers on a hilly terrain. Recommended for everyone with a minimum of training.
Are you afraid the tour is too demanding?
Do you want to enjoy the landscapes without getting too tired?
RENT AN EBIKE AND ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY SAFELY!
Firenze. Arrival. Possibility to book extra nights
Firenze – Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, 38 km, elevation gain +700 m. Private transfer to leave Florence. Among olive groves and vineyards, you will reach the village of Tavarnelle.
Tavarnelle Val di Pesa – San Gimignano, 37 km, elevation gain + 500 m. You will visit the medieval village of Certaldo and you will reach San Gimignano.
San Gimignano – Siena, 42 km, elevation gain +550 m. you will bike along the ancient path of the Via Francigena, this stage will show you two of the most famous and characteristic medieval villages: Colle Val d’Elsa and Monteriggioni.
• Do you want an official guide for your trip?
• Are you not sure you want to start alone?
• Are you a group and do you need a pullman with a guide?