Art cities and medieval villages
A cycling holiday in the Val d'Elsa and Chianti area to visit the medieval villages perched on a hill that served to defense the territory between Florence and Siena, such as Certaldo (birthplace of Boccaccio), San Gimignano, Colle Val d'Elsa and Monteriggioni.
To give even greater historical and cultural interest in this route, from Certaldo to Siena we will ride along the ancient pilgrimage trail of Via Francigena.
DETAILS OF THE TOUR: 6 days / 5 nights | Terrain: mainly dirt roads alternating with paved roads.
Period: everyday from March to November
Overnight stays are scheduled in:
Florence - Tavarnelle V.d.P.- San Gimignano - Siena.
2 - 3 persons: 520,00 € p.p.
4 or more persons: 450,00 € p.p.
Download brochure for all details
What is included in both the fee:
1. Firenze. Arrival. Possibility to book extra nights and a bike tour to visit the city.
In group tour is included an additional night and day in Florence and a bike tour of Florence, so you will discover by bicycle the monuments and main attraction of Florence accompanied by a tourist guide.
2. Firenze – Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, 38 km, ascent 700 m. From the hotel in few minutes you will be out of the city of Florence and enter the Chianti area. A wonderful side street with very little traffic will lead you, among olive groves and vineyards to the village of Tavarnelle. In the afternoon wine tasting in the the hotel cellar.
3. Tavarnelle Val di Pesa – San Gimignano, 37 km, ascent 500 m. From Tavarnelle along a beautiful road in the Val d'Elsa you will reach the medieval village of Certaldo, famous for being the birthplace of Giovanni Boccaccio, author of the Decameron. Than you continue to San Gimignano.
4. San Gimignano - Siena, 42 km, ascent 550 m. The last leg of the tour runs entirely along the ancient path of the Via Francigena and will take you to discovery two of the most famous and characteristic medieval villages: Colle Val d'Elsa and Monteriggioni. The route includes 3 km of dirt road (easily accessible with any type of bike).
5. Siena. Departure. Possibility to book extra nights and to combine with tour: Val d'Orcia or Eroica.
Difficulty: The stages are short, about 30-40 kilometers, and are extended over a hilly terrain. Everyone can face this route although it's recommended a minimum of preparation and training.
Interested in joining?
Enter your email and you’ll get travel plans and the instructions to participate
|Contact Form : Insert your mail to receive all information|